Swimming is a great way to stay active and cool during the summer months, but it can also take a toll on your hair. Chlorine and salt water can both be very harsh on your hair, causing it to become dry, brittle, and prone to breakage. Here are some tips for protecting your hair while swimming:
1. Wet your hair before getting in the pool or ocean. This will help your hair absorb less chlorine or salt water.
2. Wear a swim cap. A swim cap can help protect your hair from the effects of chlorine or salt water, as well as keep it out of your face while swimming. Although not the sexiest "mermaidesq" move, it definitely helps.
3. Rinse your hair immediately after swimming. Rinse your hair with fresh water as soon as possible after swimming to remove any chlorine or salt water.
4. Use a clarifying shampoo. Use a clarifying shampoo once a week to help remove any build up from chlorine or saltwater.
5. Condition your hair after swimming.
Use a deep conditioning treatment or leave-in conditioner after swimming to help restore moisture to your hair.
By following these tips, you can help protect your hair from the effects of chlorine or salt water while swimming and keep your hair healthy in tip top mermaid form. Now all you're missing is the tail!